Life in the fast lane for cyclists
Axe Valley Pedallers visit Team Garmin
Keen local cyclists Glenn Morgan and Kimmo Evans were delighted to be invited by the Garmin Transitions Pro Cycling team to join them at their recent “ride out” day.
The event, that took place at a secret location in the Hampshire countryside, gave a select group of cycling fans the chance to ride with one of the top pro cycling teams in the world.
On arrival at the HQ the two cyclists, both members of the Axe Valley Pedallers, took delivery of their complimentary team kit and readied themselves and their bikes for a fast paced blast through the beautiful New Forest National Park.
They completed the 20 mile circuit in under an hour. Once the pair had caught their breath they took the opportunity to chat with the team and check out their amazing bikes.
You may also want to watch:
Glenn is also the chairman of Seaton Festival of Cycling. He said “It’s been a fantastic year for the East Devon cycling scene and we hope that Seaton’s festival has had a part to play in that. We’ve heard nothing but praise for this year’s celebrations and we’ve already started planning for 2011.” He added, “We’ll be taking the best bits from this year, improving them and then adding some exciting new events. We believe the festival can be turned into a major event in the calendar and that is our long term plan.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations