Lowman bags first try for Honiton Hawks Under-8s
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Hawks Under-8s travelled to Exeter Saracens for their latest Sunday morning action.
Hawks journeyed with a squad of 14 that saw them turn out two teams for a game each against the hosts.
There was some good quality rugby on display from all the players on both sides in games that were played in difficult, blustery conditions.
Game one resulted in a convincing 10-5 win for the Hawks.
Logan Symons and Taylor Prettejohn each scored four tries with Arran Hansford grabbing the other two.
You may also want to watch:
The other team members; Liam Webber, Luke Devin, Mason Peek and Will Parris, all played important roles in defence to restrict the hosts’ scoring opportunities.
In game two the other Hawks team shared 16 tries with the home team.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Zac Isaac was the top try scorer with a hat-trick, Freddie Dickason grabbed a brace and there was a try each for Hamish Terry and Harry Haysom.
The other Hawks try was a special moment as it was a first ever try for Evan Lowman for which the ‘Best Effort of the Day’ award was given.
Young Lowman was new to the team at the beginning of the season and has improved his game each week with hard work and enthusiasm.
His try was richly deserved and brought great joy to his teammates and parents alike.
The two team members not to get on the score sheet, but who also played big roles in the games, were Archie Trott and Torin Brunskill.