Lyme ladies secure Division One safety with last outing success
- Credit: Archant
The Lyme Regis ladies have done it!, writes Paul Moffitt.
A spectacular 8-2 win against Broadstone ensured that they stay up in Division One with points to spare.
There were also a couple of friendlies played in the past week producing a win against Topsham, but a defeat away to Seaton.
A big ‘well done’, is due to the Lyme ladies who have played in the Edna Paisley league this season.
Usually languishing near the bottom in previous years, this year they finished a very creditable third.
You may also want to watch:
A further well done, to the ladies who were the earlier runners-up to Poole Park in the Top Club competition.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
Dorset Ladies Div 1.
Lyme 49; Broadstone 44.
S Bond, J Bishop, J Parsons, P Weech 19-15; J Kesterton, S Wood, C Barber, N Stephens 20-13; J Moffitt, C Pomeroy, S Rowe, A Allman 10-16.
Lyme 69; Seaton 106.
M Bartlett, M McAlpine, S Wood, B Rattenbury 14-20; B Downes, P Knight, N Bond, P Weech 16-13; F Sell, S Bond, A Nabarro, B Parsons 15-18; B Smith, D Courtenay-Smith, J Parsons, D Wood 9-30; M Knight, T Payne, J Kesterton, S POmeroy 15-25.
Lyme 118; Topsham 92.
P Knight, T Payne, S Wood, P Weech 16-17; J Moffitt, B Driscoll, A Nabarro, N Stephens 19-12; B Downes, P Stephens, J Beadsley, Chas Barber 18-13; L Young, D Courtenay-Smith, R Turpin, B Parsons 22-19; T Young, N Driscoll, J Parsons, P Moffitt 23-14; N Solomon, J Kesterton, D Wood, B Rattenbury 20-14.