Lyme Regis annual tournament triumph for Seaton bowler Roger Woolland
- Credit: Archant
That’s the Lyme Regis annual tournament done and dusted, writes Paul Moffitt.
The start of the week was more like winter, but by the end of the week it was high summer.
Roger Woolland of Seaton Bowls Club was the main beneficiary of the week, winning both the men’s singles and with his partner, Shirley Fewtrell, the pairs title as well, having won both titles previously.
Men’s singles: Roger Woolland (Seaton) 21, Steve Pomeroy (Lyme Regis) 12. This was a close game to begin with, but Roger prevailed with long jack lengths to end up a comfortable winner.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies’ singles: Jenny Andrews (Blandford) 22, Karen Hofen (Greenhill) 16. At 16-all, this was anyones title, but Jenny eased ahead denying Karen another shot.
Open Pairs: Roger Woolland (Seaton) and Shirley Fewtrell (Ottery St Mary) 27, Richard Cridge and Alan Nabarro (Lyme Regis) 12. This game was better than the score would suggest, with Richard and Alan putting up a spirited fight.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Open Triples: Carl Stephens, John Beadsley (Lyme Regis) and George Doig (Hyde Abbey) 17, Jan Fracz, Lorraine and John Dunsford (Canford) 16. Nail biting stuff this one; at 16 all going into the last end, this really was anyone’s game to win.