Lyme Regis April medal victory for Paul ‘Sonny’ Liston
- Credit: Archant
The Lyme Regis April medal produced some excellent scores, writes Richard Jackman.
None were better than the score from Paul ‘Sonny’ Liston who, after a circumspect start, accelerated and produced some good steady shots to card a nett 66 and win Division One ahead of Simon Doyle, 67 and George Skellern 68 in third.
Division Two belonged to Matt Brotherton as he played sensibly on the back nine to win with 67 from Mark Thirlwell in second with a 68 and Geoff Filtness took third spot with his 70.
It was also medal day for the ladies, and, with the best score of the day, which included two birdies, was Jenny Scott with nett 72 to win Division One. The minor places were left to countback to resolve with Jane Dixon taking second, edging Di Smith into third after both players returned a score of 74.
The best score of the day was a superb 72 from Division Two winner Ronny Turner, who fulfilled her promise and won with a brilliant front nine.
You may also want to watch:
Lizzie Linnert and Carol Ponchaud were second and third respectively on countback, both with nett 78.
The junior order of merit saw a scintillating performance from Mannie Wellman as he played superbly on the front nine to accumulate a score of nett 65.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Young Zac Mudford kept his and the family flag flying as he had an exceptional back nine including a birdie on 14 to finish second with 68, from Dominic Beardwood 72.