Lyme Regis August medal proves to be a family affair with a Mudford one-two
- Credit: Archant
In the August medal it was a family affair in Division One, writes Richard Jackman.
Division One was won by Mike Mudford with a net 68, just pipping son Ian (69), who in turn edged out mark Lewis by a single shot.
Division Two was won by James Turner with the best score of the day – a net 63 followed by Ian McGown, 66 and Jo Thirlwell, 68.
In the midweek stableford young Brad Searle won with 36 points from the vintage Rob Clapp, 35, and junior captain George Seed 34.
In the ladies’ August medal, Division One was won by Hanna Jacobsen with a below par 71 from Anne Humphreys, 73, and Lesley Jelleyman, 74.
You may also want to watch:
Division Two was won by Elaine Colman with a 72 from Linda Richmond, 74, and Jean Moss, 76.
Anne Humphreys’ sterling performance was good enough for her to win the Grannie Shield.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis