Lyme Regis August stableford success for Stephen Pitt
- Credit: Archant
The Lyme Regis seniors’ August stableford produced a string of brilliant scores, writes Richard Jackman.
In Division One, if your points didn’t begin with a four you weren’t in the prizes!
Earning top spot was Stephen Pitt.
His 41 points was built on several four point-a-hole scores, as he finished the back nine in great style.
Jim Rowlands-Rees and Nick Franks both had excellent front nines with 21 apiece and the same good score of 19 on the back nine, so it was down to a close countback where Rowlands-Rees emerged to take second place.
You may also want to watch:
Division Two produced a spectacularly brilliant round of golf from Ken Lavery as he went on a nett birdie spree, taking three points on eight of the holes and a four-pointer on one, to come in with the best score of the day, 45 points.
Steve Harlow has been on good form recently and after a modest start he stormed through the back nine scoring 24 points to lift his total to 41 and second place.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
It was Mike List who finished third on 36 with a steady round highlighted by a birdie two on the eighth.
There was keen competition in the midweek stableford as Tony Harley put together a string of high scoring holes to finish top of the pile on 41 points. Brian Collis pulled together some good scores on tricky holes to finish second on 40 points, and Matt Rose steadied himself on the back nine to finish third on 39 points.