Lyme Regis beaten by Seaton as outdoor term draws to a close
After last week’s marathon finals weekend, this week is limited to one friendly, the men’s end of season roll-up and supper and finally the annual gentleman versus ladies’ fixture, writes Paul Moffitt.
Some of the ladies looked mysteriously familiar but, unusually in male guise!
The friendly against Seaton was lost by a margin of 111-143, so not that friendly! The men’s roll-up was followed by supper, as ever put on by Sue Wood and her helpers, and the ladies who were responsible for providing the refreshments after the league games all season, were presented with gifts by the captains of the three league teams. The three ladies in question were Judith Moffitt (Championship), Jan Parsons (Division One) and Sue Wood (Division Two).
You may also want to watch:
Lyme 111; Seaton 143.
A Foster, N Solomon, G Clode, R Legg 15-32; V Cozens, M Heneghan, A Nabarro, K Clissold 17-31; B Downes, B Smith, S Wood, B Parsons 23-19; P Ward, P Stephens, T Payne, B Rattenbury 27-13; C Clissold, J Kesterton, C Bell, E Skeemer 14-23; K Faragher, B Turpin, R McLennan, D Wood 16-25.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend