Lyme Regis bowl to big win over Bridport
- Credit: Archant
There was another washout for the Lyme Regis championship side, a washout for the ladies when their opponents postponed due to inclement weather, writes Paul Moffitt.
However, there was an excellent 10 points haul for the men in Division Two.
The men only managed two points in the South Dorset League coming unstuck against Portland BO at home.
There were two friendlies played over the past week. A triples meeting with Sidmouth saw Lyme as the winners, losing on just one rink. The other game away to Honiton turned out to be an easy win for Lyme again losing on just one rink.
There is still time to take up the offer of half-price membership for new bowlers, anyone can come down to the club on a Wednesday evening and have a go, it’ll cost you nothing and you might just get hooked whilst making new friends at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Dorset Men’s Champioship:
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Lyme 48; Poole Park 66.
T Allman, S Pomeroy, S Chant, P Pomeroy 13-17; C Barber, P Eagles, K Hickman, P Moffitt 19-21; G Clode, R Cridge, A Weech, B Rattenbury 16-28.
West Dorset Men Div 2.
Lyme 62; Bridport B 36.
C Elmore, J Moseley, D Pomeroy, R Legg 21-12; R McLennan, P Stephens, E Skeemer, D Meylan 21-10; S Dowling, A Nabarro, B Parsons, D Wood 20-14.
Men’s South Dorset League:
Lyme 59; Portland B.O. 66.
D Read, C Elmore, N Solomon, E Skeemer 16-23; B Smith, B Parsons, A Weech, R Hobbs 21-22; M Heneghan, A Nabarro, D Wood, R Legg 22-21.
Lyme 97; Sidmouth 80.
R Tallent [Sidmouth], A Nabarro, N Stephens 18-14; J Parsons, P Stephens, N Solomon 13-12; B Smith, C Bell, B Parsons 19-10; J Barnish, J Moffitt, E Skeemer 14-19; R Turpin, D Courtenay-Smith, D Meylan 17-15; F Sell, A Rattenbury, K Hickman 16-10.
Lyme 110; Honiton 76.
S Bond, R Turpin, A Preece, P Weech 13-27; F Sell, S Dowling, E Skeemer, Chris Barber 24-19; J Barnish, C Bell, A Nabarro, D Wood 27-10; B Smith, H Dowling, L Broom, A Weech 25-10; N Bond, S Wood, N Benson, Chas Barber 21-10.