Lyme Regis bowlers endure varying fortunes
- Credit: Archant
Varying fortunes were the order of the day in the men’s leagues, with a fine win for the championship side, 8-2 against a strong Wellworthy side, writes Paul Moffitt.
The second team were unfortunately undone by Portland Borstal, losing 10-0 away.
In the South Dorset League, the men won against Greenhill thanks to a strong performance from Don Meylan’s rink.
The only friendly was a triples game away to Sidmouth which Lyme won by a single shot.
On Saturday night, the club held a skittles evening at the Ship Inn to raise funds for breast cancer charities, the chosen charity of our lady captain, Angela Rattenbury.
You may also want to watch:
The evening proved a real success with a superb £247 raised for the charity.
This coming Sunday (May 28), the club is holding its annual ‘Big Breakfast’ at the clubhouse from 8am through to 1pm. Everyone will be made very welcome.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
South Dorset League Div 2
Lyme 57, Greenhill B 51.
R Hobbs, M McAlpine, R Legg, D Meylan 27-9; M Heneghan, B Parsons, D Wood, A Weech 18-22; N Bond, J Moseley, A Preece 12-20.
Lyme 95, Sidmouth 94.
N Driscoll, G Clode, Chas Barber 18-9; P Knight, C Bell, P Moffitt 27-10; B Driscoll, J Moffitt, J Moseley 9-18; P Stephens, J Kesterton, Chris Barber 13-21; H Dowling, S Wood, D Meylan 18-8; F Sell, A Rattenbury, K Hickman 10-28.