Lyme Regis bowlers launch a new outdoor season
The Lyme Regis outdoor season is with us and, although the sun was out, the chilly east wind reminded us it was early days in the season, writes Paul Moffitt.
Councillor Lorna Jenkin did the honours with regard to sending the first wood of the new term down the rink.
Clr Jenkin was very kindly deputising for Mayor Sally Holman who was visiting Bermuda.
Over 50 members turned out for this early session, getting in some well needed practice before the fast approaching league fixtures and friendlies.
After the beautiful weather of the past few weeks the first friendly, against a touring side from Wells, turned out to be a very damp affair with time being called after just eight ends!
You may also want to watch:
The 2014 Open Day takes place on Saturday, May 3. This is the occasion when we encourage people to leave their armchairs and have a go at the very addictive game of bowls.
It’s all free, including tuition, so please come along as this is a game for all age groups providing a very enjoyable way of keeping fit and making new friends.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
Friendly: Lyme 39, Wells 35.
B Smith, P stephens, J Beadsley, K Clissold 3-9; A Foster, N Solomon, P Weech, Chas Barber 6-4; T Young, J Parsons, J Moseley, E Skeemer 2-7; S Wood, A Nabarro, B Parsons, R Cridge 9-5; C Clissold, M Gillett, D Wood, N Stephens 10-4; T Payne, B Parsons, A Weech, Chris Barber 9-6.
Finally, it is with great sadness that I have to report the sudden passing of Bill Smith. He will be greatly missed and our love, thoughts and sympathies go out to his wife Kay and all his family and friends.