Lyme Regis Division One joy for Geoff Filtness
- Credit: Archant
Hopefully for the last time for a while, the Lyme Regis 16-hole layout was used for both the past week’s competitions, writes Richard Jackman.
Making the most of them and winning Division One of the seniors’ stableford with the best score of the day was regular podium visitor Geoff Filtness, scoring 38 points as he plundered points at will, shooting six points better than par.
Paul Dike bettered nett par on seven of the 16 holes as he returned 35 points to come second, while the effervescent Michael Hankey scored well to take third spot with 34 points.
Division Two belonged to Jerry Garrett as his third hole four-point birdie set him up for a winning score of 36 points, despite the efforts of Colin Conn who finished second, scoring 12 of his 35 points on three holes, while Denis McCallum finished third on 33.
The ladies’ foursomes was keenly contested and saw a really close finish as the top three all finished on 31 points.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Andrews and Julia Coote were worthy winners on countback, as they finished strongly, while Cyndy Mudford and Amy Mudford showed family strength in second with Di Harris and new member Carol Watson taking third spot.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery