Lyme Regis four bowl to Sidmouth Jubilee Cup victory
- Credit: Archant
The men’s championship side took a break last week, but the ladies enjoyed a fine 8-2 result against Sherborne, but the men’s Lyme Two team were beaten by Portland Victoria, despite winning on two rinks, writes Paul Moffitt.
On Saturday, the club held it’s annual Lyme Regis Ladies Triples Tournament.
This was the 22nd year that it has been held and there were exactly 22 teams from around the district competing.
The competition is played on a round robin format over three games with the two leading scores going through to the final.
The winners were a ‘hybrid’ team from different clubs comprising: Pamela Daters, Steff Pinson andBridget Hodder and the runners-up were a team from Chard Bowls Club.
You may also want to watch:
The trophy was presented by the joint sponsors, Nola Stephens and Lesley Broom. The competition was played in extremely taxing conditions, with a near gale blowing off the sea and the occasional heavy shower!
In other news, a men’s four of Simon Dowling, Alan Nabarro, Barry Rattenbury and Paul Moffitt travelled to Sidmouth were they won the invitation Jubilee Cup, taking the honours in a field of 14 teams. A drive was held during the week to raise funds for the RNLI. On Sunday, the club hosted Cardiff Bowls Club in what is an annual meeting. The two teams played 15 ends in truly appalling conditions and then retired to the clubhouse for refreshments and to dry out!
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 Have your say on future development of village
- 4 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 5 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 6 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 7 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
West Dorset Men Div 1: Lyme Two 50, Portland Victoria 58: N Solomon, J Beadsley, J Moseley, C Barber (7-27); S Dowling, R Hobbs, A Nabarro, R Legg (23-15); P Edmonds, P Stephens, B Parsons, D Meylan (20-16).
Dorset Ladies Div 1
Lyme 79, Sherborne 52: H Dowling, C Pomeroy, L Broom, C Barber (39-17); A Allmanm A Darvill, A Rattenbury, P Weech (16-17); V Henson, N Driscoll, N Stephens, S Rowe (24-18).