Lyme Regis four set to play for Dorset at Worthing
This has been a week, for one reason or another, when no league games have been played at all, writes Paul Moffitt
Three friendlies were played, including the annual Silver Jubilee Cup which was won very handsomely by the team from Ottery St Mary with a shot difference of plus 28!
The best Lyme could offer was a draw by Roy Edwards’ rink, consisting of; Tony Payne, Rod Hobbs, Jim Moseley and Roy Edwards.
The other two friendlies, between Chardstock & Budleigh Salterton, resulted in a narrow loss and win respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Lyme Men 76; Chardstock Men 81.
J Andrews, T Payne, P Stephens, E Skeemer 18-23; P Ward, B Smith, G Clode, A Preece 19-22; I Forster, K Faragher, R Cridge, A Weech 19-15; A Lole, B Turpin, N Solomon, C Barber 20-21.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
Lyme 85; Budleigh Salterton 78.
J Brown, A Nabarro, P Stephens, M Thorner 16-13; C Clissold, A Foster, P Weech, R Edwards 14-21; M Heneghan, A Brown, D Courtenay-Smith, E Skeemer 12-13; J Barnish, J Perry, J Owen, A Weech 25-15.
Finally, it’s good luck to Paul Pomeroy, Paul Moffitt, Peter Eagles and John Eaton who are off to Worthing to represent Dorset in the National finals.
Commiserations, but also well done for getting there in the first place, to the Lyme trio of Helen Dowling, Ann Allman and Chris Barber who went out in the first round of their National triples at Leamington.