Lyme Regis golf latest: Wilson wins October Medal meeting
- Credit: Archant
A solid, steady round from Malcolm Wilson saw him win Division One of the Lyme Regis Golf Club October medal, writes Richard Jackman.
Wilson served up the best score of the day, a five-under par net 66, with Peter Mayles, net 68, taking second place and Maurice De Pasquale, 69, taking third.
Division Two saw Richard Cook’s 70 maintain this year’s good performances to win, a point ahead of ‘Albert’ Hall with David Binns’ 72 giving him bronze. In the midweek stableford, David Lyon’s six birdies helped him to a winning score of 40 points, one point better than Stuart Wight with Gareth Williams third on 36 points. David’s performance took his handicap down to scratch, just reward for a very competitive year.
Lyme ladies held their AGM shotgun competition won by Ellie Langford and Kim Beauchamp. At the AGM, outgoing ladies’ captain, Rosie Jackman, was thanked for her year in office and Caroline Baker was warmly welcomed as the incoming captain.
In benign conditions, only Jim Kerr hit the 36 point mark for the best score of the day, to secure victory in the seniors stableford, Division One, ahead of Richard Jackman, 34 and Peter Mayles 32.
You may also want to watch:
Division Two was won by Graham Winter 33 points from Gareth Vaughan 31 and Roger Baker 30.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre