Lyme Regis golfers welcome in new captains
- Credit: Archant
Lyme Regis held a very well attended AGM, traditionally the time when the new captains take over - Matt Searle, Lizzie Linnert (ladies) and David Lyon (juniors), writes Richard Jackman.
Also retiring were president Anne Humphreys after five years, replaced by past captain John Owen, and outgoing chairman David Cannings made way for Ian Hobson.
Despite the weather there was a large supportive crowd as all three captains had their traditional ‘drive in’ on Sunday and between them drove a total of over 600 yards, This distance was guessed by Adrian Morgan who donated his winnings to the capatain’s charity - Motor Neurone Disease
On the golf course results over the last week saw some impressive scores:
In the October Stableford Division One needed countback to decide the top three after a trio finished on 41 points.
You may also want to watch:
Adrian Morgan took first place with Mike Mudford second and Craig Mcgown third.
Division 2 was tight at the top as Peter Locke with 41 points took the honours from Luke De Pasquale on 40 and Jim Dick with 36.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
In the seniors’ stableford, John Toates maintained the high scoring as he romped Division One with 42 points from Charlie Lane, 39 and Richard Jackman, 37. Division Two was won by Mike List, 36 points from Tony Johnstone 34, who beat Bernie Styles on countback
New ladies captain Lizzie Linnert held a fun day with a Texas Scramble competition, and partnering Jane Dixon and Caroline Baker, won the competition