Lyme Regis Hardy B player Rob Coombe has ‘mixed day’
- Credit: Archant
It was a mixed day for Lyme Regis Hardy B stalwart Rob Coombe as ‘his’ team were playing Bulbury Woods in a cup game, but Rob had a run of good scores so found himself too qualified so was playing in the Hardy A game against Ashley Wood, writes Richard Jackman.
Hardy B won their cup game 4-1 so go on to play Ferndown, but despite winning on his debut match, Rob had to settle for a team draw in the Hardy A game, as Mike Mudford, John Coley, and club captain Mark Lewis also won their games.
The midweek stableford was won by Gary Vaughan with Mark Scott just pipping Rob Clapp on countback for second, both with 36 points. Gary had an excellent back nine to emphasize his victory and Mark had the better back nine to secure second, but it was good to see Rob successfully return from injury with a competitive score.
The ladies May medal was keenly contested as Susan Moore returned a superb best score of the day, nett 74, with two steady front and back nines so won Division One from Felicity Poole who just beat an in-form Gilly Madill for second place.
Division Two was keenly competitive with Lizzie Linnert just beating Anita Holmes on countback, both with nett 75 while Marilyn Wilson came in third with 76.
You may also want to watch:
The junior order of merit competition saw the top three all finish under par as Bradley Searle took top spot with a steady, solid round to record a nett 69 from Mannie Wellmann who just beat Lewis Gibbons on countback both on nett 70.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone