Lyme Regis ladies Autumn Closed competition success for trio
- Credit: Archant
The Lyme Regis Veterans’ Trophy was a keenly played competition where front runner John Coley blitzed round with a nett 67 as he played some consistently excellent golf to come in with his score, writes Richard Jackman.
John Toates too had a great round just falling on the last hole of each nine, otherwise he could have been challenging for the lead as the rest of the holes were brilliant in his nett 69.
David Lines kept his cool to come in with two steady nines in his nett 70 to finish third.
The midweek stableford produced some keen scores as Graham Paterson and Jeremy Linnert vied for top spot both with 37points.
In the end, despite Linnert’ s back nine charge, Paterson’s more steady performance on the closing holes proved enough to claim top spot while after a good front nine James Wilson held his nerve to come in with 36 points and take bronze.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies Autumn Closed competition produced some interesting results as some early favourites fell by the wayside to make way for a brilliant winning score of 83 from Sarah Kilcoyne, Linda Deem and Carol Watson as the team produced an untouchable score.
The competition is for the best two scores on each hole and in second place was Sandra Barcley, Linda Richmond and Judith Ellard with 75 points.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters