Lyme Regis Lady Captain puts on a special day
- Credit: Archant
With Lyme One and Two not having action in the past week it was down to the ladies to provide the league action, writes Paul Moffitt.
Playing host to table-topping Blandford, Lyme managed to bank just two points.
Nola Stephen’s rink were successful in overcoming Jenny Andrews rink for the second time this season whilst Pam Weech’s rink came back from the dead to lose by a single shot. Chris Barber’s rink were closing the gap towards the end, but dropped a few shots at a vital point.
The club played host to the Lyme councillors and staff on Friday, with a fish and chip supper laid on by the mayor, Cllr. Owen Lovell, after some entertaining action on the green.
The club travelled to Cardiff on Sunday to take part in the annual fixture, with a full coach of playing and non-playing members and the full results will be in next week’s column.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, Lyme ladies played host to several local clubs who took part in Lady Captain’s Day. The ladies’ captain, Ann Allman, treated everyone to a meal after the bowls, with a gift for each participant.
The eventual winners in the round robin competition were: Kathy Clissold, Chris Barber, Tabitha Young and Angela Rattenbury from Lyme. The invited teams were from: Axminster, Chardstock, Bridport, Seaton and Queen Camel.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
As Ann Allman is away at the national finals at Leamington this week, there are no ladies’ detailed results to hand. Perhaps next week!