Lyme Regis Lady Captain puts on a special day
- Credit: Archant
With Lyme One and Two not having action in the past week it was down to the ladies to provide the league action, writes Paul Moffitt.
Playing host to table-topping Blandford, Lyme managed to bank just two points.
Nola Stephen’s rink were successful in overcoming Jenny Andrews rink for the second time this season whilst Pam Weech’s rink came back from the dead to lose by a single shot. Chris Barber’s rink were closing the gap towards the end, but dropped a few shots at a vital point.
The club played host to the Lyme councillors and staff on Friday, with a fish and chip supper laid on by the mayor, Cllr. Owen Lovell, after some entertaining action on the green.
The club travelled to Cardiff on Sunday to take part in the annual fixture, with a full coach of playing and non-playing members and the full results will be in next week’s column.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, Lyme ladies played host to several local clubs who took part in Lady Captain’s Day. The ladies’ captain, Ann Allman, treated everyone to a meal after the bowls, with a gift for each participant.
The eventual winners in the round robin competition were: Kathy Clissold, Chris Barber, Tabitha Young and Angela Rattenbury from Lyme. The invited teams were from: Axminster, Chardstock, Bridport, Seaton and Queen Camel.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
As Ann Allman is away at the national finals at Leamington this week, there are no ladies’ detailed results to hand. Perhaps next week!