Lyme Regis men bowl to big points haul
- Credit: Archant
The past week was another good one for the Lyme Regis bowlers, writes Paul Moffitt.
In league outings the Lyme One and Lyme Two teams banked ten and six points respectively.
Lyme Two were unfortunate not to secure eight points, losing out on Roger Legg’s rink on the last end!
Lyme One had another convincing win against Sherborne, although Paul Pomeroy’s rink were run close with Sherborne finishing with a flourish.
The ladies were less fortunate when they played away to Bridport, coming away with just two points. It was a good win for Nola Stephen’s rink, taking a narrow win against Margaret Clapp’s highly rated squad.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies travelled to Sherborne on Saturday to play the next round of the Top Club competition. Despite a fine win by Nola Stephens and Lesley Broom in the pairs, the other three disciplines failed to secure wins.
The men set out on Thursday to play the second round of the Double Rink competition at Dorchester. This would normally be a big ask against a very strong Dorchester team but, lacking some of their key players Lyme made the best of the situation and won on both rinks. The next round against Wellworthy will be a stiffer test of Lyme’s ability to proceed.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
Lyme played host to Bristol’s Imperial Bowls Tour this week managing to outplay the tourists 110-93.
West Dorset Men Div 1.
Lyme 1, 84, Sherborne 34. T Allman, S Pomeroy, S Chant, P Pomeroy 19-18; C Barber, P Eagles, K Hickman, P Moffitt 40-7; D Meylan, G Clode, A Weech, B Rattenbury 25-9.
Lyme 2 (6 points), Greenhill ‘A’ 4 (No scores available)
Dorset Ladies Div 1.
Lyme 48, Bridport 65. J Moffitt, M Gillett, L Broom, N Stephens 17-15; H Dowling, A Rattenbury, D Courtenay-Smith, S Rowe 13-23; J Kesterton, M Bartlett, A Allman, P Weech 18-27.
Lyme 110, Imperial Bowls Tour 93. P Ward, C Clissold, J Moffitt, D wood 27-15; Y Moody, F Sell, M Knight, R Legg 19-21; D Read, S Wood, R McLennan, E Skeemer 23-19; J Barnish, P Knight, C Bell, J Moseley 23-17; V Cozens, M Heneghan, R Hobbs, J Beadsley 18-21.