Lyme Regis October Stableford success for Simon Brown
- Credit: Archant
Watching the results of the October Stableford Division One unfold was gripping as early leader Jon Ebdon posted 36 points in favourable conditions, writes Richard Jackman.
Results came and went, and it was not until Jim Allan posted a 36 with a better back nine of 18 points, that he took the lead.
Late starter, and worthy eventual winner, Simon Brown, scored 19 points on the back nine in his 36 points to take the crown on countback with the first three all finishing on 36!
Although closer, there was no doubting the Division Two winner as an in-form Rob Crabbe scored eight points on the last two holes to card the best score of the day to win the division with 40 points, despite a slight dip in form in the middle of the round. This excellent score was almost matched by John Cleal who only fell one point short on 39 while Michael Gill’s 38 secured the third spot.
In the ladies’ October stableford, Cyndy Mudford had her second win in a week as she finished top of Division One with 34 points, courtesy of a brilliant back nine which won on countback, and pushed Rosemary Shepherd into second place after she too finished with 34 points.
You may also want to watch:
Jean Jolley took third place with 31 points. It was also a close run thing in Division Two as Lesley Jelleyman’s superior back nine won it on countback from Mary Golding, both with 31 points as Kate Helm secured third place with 29 points.
The junior stableford saw a first win for Mannie Wellman as he scored consistently well to finish better than par to win with 37 points from junior captain Lewis Gibbons 35 points and Ben Prosser was third with 33.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony