Lyme Regis Pelman Cup win for Paul Pomeroy
- Credit: Archant
Both Lyme Two men and the ladies got whitewashed in their latest respective league fixtures, writes Paul Moffitt.
Bridport did a demolition job on the men in their final game of the season, whilst the ladies were rolled over away to Westmoors.
However, there was good news for the men in the championship league when they, playing their final league game of the season, got a most unexpected 8-2 win against Greenhill, who are currently the league leaders.
With 16 points from their last two games, the championship men will retain their place in the top tier for next year, something that looked unlikely just two weeks ago! There was just the one friendly played last week and it saw Lyme reverse the defeat they suffered when they played at Chardstock earlier in the season.
On Sunday, 30 club members competed for the Pelman Cup. The game is a three-wood open singles knockout with all members playing to their handicap.
You may also want to watch:
The eventual winner was Paul Pomeroy, whose youth and experience proved too much for the runner-up, Paul Moffitt.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
Dorset Men’s Championship.
Lyme 60, Greenhill 50: C Barber, P Eagles, P Moffitt, P Pomeroy (20-13); M Henegahan, R Cridge, A Weech, B Rattenbury (23-19); B Driscoll, G Clode, S Pomeroy, S Chant (17-18)
West Dorset Men Div 1.
Lyme 43, Bridport 81
N Solomon, P Stephens, B Parsons, K Hickman (11-22); S Dowling, R Hobbs, A Nabarro, R Legg (18-25); P Edmonds, A Henson, J Moseley, W Payne (14-34)
Dorset Ladies Div 1.
Lyme 47, Westmoors 80.
H Dowling, C Pomeroy, P Knight, C Barber (20-25); E Sarson, A Darvill, A Rattenbury, P Weech (14-24); V Henson, J Moon, J Moffitt, S Rowe (13-31).
Lyme 81, Chardstock 63.
B Smith, J Hare, A Darvill, J Moseley (27-10); D Mayo, N Solomon, B Driscoll, A Nabarro (18-17); N Driscoll, R Turpin, J Moffitt, R Legg (16-21); J Moon, P Stephens, A Sherring, P Moffitt (20-15).