Lyme Regis play host to a ‘top class’ English Girls’ Under16/14 championships
- Credit: Archant
Lyme Regis Golf Club was privileged to host the English Girls’ Under 16/14 Open Amateur Stroke Play Championship, writes Richard Jackman.
Following Molinari’s win in the Open and Georgia Hall’s win in the Women’s British Open, it was perhaps a coincidence that the under 14 competition was won by an Italian and that Hall was a previous winner.
Franscesca Fiorellini (aged 13) won with a final round score of two under par to finish one over par for the three rounds and win by a convincing five shots from Anna Neumayer of Austria, and Somerset’s Patience Rhodes.
Fifteen-year-old Kerttu Hiltunen, from Finland, won the under 16 competition by an incredible 11 shot margin, bettering par on each of her four rounds, two of which were on the last day, to stand head and shoulders above her nearest rivals.
Finishing on level par were British girls Ellie Gower, Rafiah Banday, and Jess Baker.
You may also want to watch:
One member helping out on the course commented: “I am so impressed by their determination, perseverence and, above all, skill level.”
England Golf posted: “We had a fabulous week at LRGC for the U14/16 Girls championship. A very big thank you to the super staff, members and volunteers.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts