Lyme Regis power to victory over tourists Thorneycroft
- Credit: Archant
With no games played at all in the leagues, due to either the weather or postponements it meant for a quiet week for Lyme Regis bowlers, writes Paul Moffitt..
Just one friendly was played against touring side Thorneycroft.
This match produced a good win for Lyme, winning on six of the seven rinks contested.
The ladies managed to take all six points away to Sherborne in the Edna Paisley League.
I’ve been notified that two Lyme teams have made it through to the quarter finals of their respective County competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Firstly, Kathy Clissold and Margaret Bartlett are through in the pairs and Bob McLennan, Brian Parsons and Dave Wood are through in the triples.
Result: Lyme Regis 159; Thorneycroft BC 110; C Clissold, S Cox, N Solomon, J Beadsley 26-12; K Faragher, V Cozens, J Moseley, R Cridge 15-23; A Nabarro, B Burton, D Wood 27-11; S Applebee, M Bartlett, G Clode, R Edwards 23-18; Doris Read, K Smith, G Cozens, A Preece 28-12; I Forster, S Wood, M Thorner, D Meylan 17-16; P Cole, B Downes, C Bell, B Parsons 30-8.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 Have your say on future development of village
- 4 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 5 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 6 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 7 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes