Lyme Regis Rover Cup success for Shane Stone
- Credit: Archant
The Rover Cup was fiercely contested as the top three jostled for gold.
Shane Stone, just took the honours on countback with a very competitive 39 points with an exceptional back nine score of 22 points despite failing to score on the tricky 16th hole.
Hardy B captain, Matt Brotherton, who had seen his team beat a strong Highcliffe side in the league the previous day, had two good halves and scored 39 points.
Arthur Daines has had some wonderfully steady scores all year and his 38 points based on a good front nine were enough to secure third spot.
Lyme ladies held a fun social team event with two scores to count. Winners were: Susan Moore, Jane Broom and Ros Clemmans on 84 points.
You may also want to watch:
Second were Cyndy Mudford, Jane Andrews and Sarah Kilcoyne on 81 and third, with 79, were Felicity Poole, Sue Jupp and Sheila Claringbold.
It was a low-scoring, but very competitive junior stableford which was won by Lewis Gibbons with 31 points from Dominic Beardwood in second and third was Alfie Crisp.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery