Lyme Regis Winter League joy for Peter Beviss
- Credit: Archant
Round Two of the Lyme Regis Winter League produced some keen, but lower than average scoring, perhaps in anticipation of the reshaping and improving of the green-side bunkers that began the following day, writes Richard Jackman.
Division One belonged to Peter Beviss as his 35 points gave him top spot - his brilliant birdie four points on the 14th heralding a steady, secure run-in.
David Lock’s birdie on the last hole ensured second spot with 34 points, one better than David Riches, who finished third.
Division Two produced a deserved win for Bob Shepherd as he started off brilliantly with three pointers on four of the first five holes in his 35 points.
Terry Peadon’s solid back nine score of 19 secured second place on countback from Les Bounds as both finished on 34 points.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies’ stableford Division One belonged to Rosie Jackman as two birdies in three holes helped in a back nine score of 21 in her 38-point winning score.
Judith Page and Di Harris both scored 34, but Page took silver on countback. Division Two was closer, as Ros Clemmans put together a good steady front nine score in her 34 points, one better than Kate Helm, whose four points on the fourth hole helped her to 33, one ahead of Lizzie Linnert in third.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding