Lyme's Sophie stars for Dorset
Lyme GC's Anne Humphreys had another storming round, this time in the Stableford and McMillan Spoon competition.
Anne Humphreys had another storming round, this time in the Stableford and McMillan Spoon competition, scoring 37pts cutting her handicap from 8 to 7, only to be pipped at the post by Elizabeth Linnert who came in at the end of the field with a score of 43 cutting her handicap from 24 to 20
1, Elizabeth Linnert, 43pts; 2, Anne Humphreys, 37pts; 3, Pat Jenkins, 36pts; 4, Elizabeth Thompson, 35pt.
Sophie Keech of Lyme Regis was a member of the winning team to win The County Shield.
You may also want to watch:
The final, against Devon, took place at Taunton & Pickeridge GC. The match was keenly fought with golf to the highest standard.
Sophie won her foursomes in the morning 5 and 4, putting Dorset 2-1 up. In the singles Sophie went out first against Devon's best player. They fought long and hard with both girls playing their best golf. Sophie chipped in on the 16th went on to win the match 2 and 1 on the 17th. Lizzie Linnert, who caddied for Sophie, described her match as "awesome" and thanks go to Lizzy for the support and motivation she showed Sophie throughout her matches.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Dorset eventually won The County Shield 5-4 and is the only one of six counties to hold an unbeaten record this year.
Liz Lloyd, captain of Dorset 2nds is moving up to captain the Dorset Ladies' 1st team in 2010 and is looking for Sophie to be part of the training squad!