Lyme Two bowl to fine win over Bridport B
- Credit: Archant
With the Lyme Regis championship team and the ladies only garnering two and three points respectively, and the South Dorset team only getting three points, it was Lyme II that shone with a fine 8-2 win over Bridport B, writes Paul Moffitt.
In the friendlies, Lyme got their revenge against Severalls after losing there earlier in the season.
There was also success against a touring side from Ardagh with Lyme sneaking home by a margin of seven shots.
West Dorset Div 2
You may also want to watch:
Lyme Two 63, Bridport B 43
S Dowling, A Henson, A Nabarro, B Parsons 15-21; M McAlpine, P Stephens, R Legg, D Meylan 17-11; B Driscoll, J Beadsley, J Moseley, C Barber 31-11.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
South Dorset Div 2.
Lyme 45, Melcombe Regis 52
R Hobbs, M McAlpine, R Legg, D Meylan 9-24; B Driscoll, A Henson, M Heneghan, A Weech 16-16; M Knight, N Bond, A Preece, B Rattenbury 20-12.
Lyme 79, Severalls 70
V Henson, N Solomon, R Hobbs, A Weech 23-17; B Smith, D Sarson, N Benson, P Weech 17-17; L Young, J Hare, A Henson, S Pomeroy 22-17; T Young, C Pomeroy, A Nabarro, B Parsons 17-19.
Lyme 115, Ardagh BC 108
N Driscoll, R Turpin, A Henson, B Rattenbury 30-11; B Downes, J Kesterton, C Bell, A Preece 17-18; M Bartlet, N Benson, J Moseley, B Parsons 11-20; A Darvill, P Knight, A Nabarro, A Weech 28-18; M Knight, N Solomon, T Allman, P Weech 14-16; V Henson, B Driscoll, A Rattenbury, C Barber 15-25.
The annual Tournament started Saturday in glorious sunshine. A full report will be in the next edition of the Midweek Herald.