Mackie wins Axe Cliff Easter Bowls
- Credit: Archant
Easter Sunday saw the playing of the Axe Cliff men’s Easter Bowl competition, writes Sandra Walker.
In sunny, but bitterly cold weather with very strong winds just 40 players went out to brave the conditions.
The winner was Stuart Mackie with a net 71 followed by Alex Palmer who dished up a splendid back nine to finish with net 73.
Mike Cottam took third after also finishing with 73.
Despite difficult conditions there were four two’s achieved by Richard Gibbons, Mike Cottam, Theo Baulch and Dan Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
Overall winners of the men’s Winter League were Alex Palmer and Stuart Dickson, in second place Andrew Hellier and Anthony Hellier.
The ladies played a Par Competition on Wednesday. Again, although pleasantly sunny the weather was extremely cold.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
The winner was Sally Seward, followed by Glenda Board in second after count back on the back nine from Lesley Crawford.
The Winner of the Winter Eclectic, which finished at the end of March was Glenda Board.