McKeown nets as Dunks are beaten by powerful Staplegrove side
- Credit: Archant
Dunkeswell Rovers were beaten 7-1 when they hosted higher level opposition in Staplegrove for a pre-season friendly.
The Taunton-based Somerset County League visitors were quickly into their stride and scored six times in a dominant first half display.
The Dunks battled well throughout a difficult first half and were richly deserving of the goal they scored, netted by Max McKeown.
The second half was a more even affair, both teams creating chances, but it was Staplegrove who scored the game’s eight, and final goal.
The Dunks’ Man of the Match honours, the award sponsored on this occasion by Blamphayne Sawmills, was shared between Max McKeown and Gavin Richards, both players worked their socks off and didn’t stop running to try and disrupt a strong Staplegrove side best they could.
You may also want to watch:
The match ball sponsor for this game was Westcountry Butchers
In terms of the next Dunkeswell Rovers action, they’ll launch their new Joma Devon & Exeter League season with a September 19 visit to Exeter-based Clyst Valley Reserves.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis