Millwey Rise all set to launch new Macron League campaign
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Millwey Rise finished their pre-season warm-up games with a busy week of action, writes Dick Sturch.
On Saturday the senior side were beaten 4-1 away at a strong Beer Albion side that included former ‘Rise’ hit man Levi Hoole.
Millwey took an early lead through Tyler Allen, who had a very impressive outing, but were 2-1 down at the break through some sloppy defending.
The second period finished with Beer adding another brace without reply. Frazer Beament had a sound game for Millwey playing in the back three.
Earlier in the week, the first team has a good run-out at Ilminster where they emerged 4-0 victors with goals from Tyler Warren, Shane Featherstone, Nathan Womersley and Matt Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the ‘Rise’ second team went down 3-1 away to a mixed Colyton team in a very entertaining game.
They were a goal to the good at the end of the first period, but the home side hit back with three second half goals.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
On Saturday (August 26), Millwey Rise first team launch a new season of Macron Devon and Exeter league football with a Division Five home against Wessex Park Rangers. The match at Cloakham Lawns, kicks off at 3pm and admission is free.
The Reserves also begin their league season, in their case with a Division Eight game away at Thorverton Reserves.