Millwey Rise edged out at Culm United
- Credit: Archant
Millwey Rise went down 3-2 away at Culm United.
After the midweek triumph over Colyton Millwey travelled to Mid Devon with plenty of confidence.
However, that did not translate to the pitch, though, in the first half they did have to play into a strong wind.
The home side used the elements to their advantage and raced into a three goal lead, all scored from crosses that were met with little resistance.
A stern half-time talk clearly did the trick for 'Rise' looked a different proposition after the break! Shortly after Culm went down to 10 men after a player was red carded for dissent, Bailey Hall scored his fifth goal of the season to fire 'Rise' back into the contest.
You may also want to watch:
The deficit was reduced to just one goal when centre back Leo Maguire took the ball forward and dribbled past a couple of players before unleashing a 30-yard strike that flew into the top corner!
The 'Rise' Man of the Match award went to Leo Maguire, but the overall feeling at full-time was that, despite a much improved second half show, there remains room for improvement in the Millwey Rise ranks.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond