Millwey Rise in bygone days!
- Credit: Archant
A second successive washout for both Millwey Rise senior teams meant some time for some delving into the past in terms of the club history by Dick Sturch, writes Steve Birley.
Dick was part of a successful Rise side in the late 1950’s and early 1960s.
One of our two photographs is a classic football picture in as much as it shows how things have changed since those times!
It shows members of the Millwey Rise team on their visit to Hawkchurch in the 1959060 season.
Henry Trenchard, Dave Hawkins, Jack Spiller, Geoff Vicary and Derek ‘Dick’ Sturch are in the picture and how would modern day players cope with the ball being carried by Jack Spiller?
You may also want to watch:
What’s more the players kit bags from that era are certainly something to behold!
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis