Millwey Rise Reserves exact sweet revenge on Chagford Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Millwey Rise Reserves claimed a fifth win in seven Macron League Division Nine outings with a 3-2 home win over Chagford Reserves, writes Dick Sturch.
Just seven days before the two teams had met at Chagford where Rise were beaten.
In a keenly fought game Jack Bennett opened the scoring with a header, but the visitors came back to equalise before the break.
In the second half a well struck volley from Alex Rocket and a long range effort from Danny Larcombe put the home side in control at 3-1. Chagford did get another goal from the penalty spot, but far too late to affect the outcome.
For Millwey, the back four of James and Matt Rocket, Wayne Jenkins and James Morgan were outstanding in an excellent all-round team performance.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday (November 5), the team head for Exmouth Amateurs thirds (2.15pm).
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon