Millwey Rise Reserves get sixy with hosts Central
- Credit: Archant
Millwey Rise Reserves were in fine goal scoring form as they won 6-1 at Central Reserves in Exeter, writes Dick Sturch.
This result comes hot on the heels of an equally lively display that saw them team put five goals on Honiton Reserves seven days before.
Goals from Mark Pike and Jack Bennet gave them a two goal lead at half-time.
In the second period further goals from Pike, Dave Bridges, Stuart King and Tim Phillips and only a single reply from the home side saw Millwey romp home in style.
For ‘Rise’, Jack Bennet was the Man of the Match for his outstanding display in the middle of the defence and Wayne Jenkins made a significant contribution to the result.
You may also want to watch:
The second team, like the senior side, are without a game this Saturday (September 24).
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott