Millwey Rise Reserves make Elmore work for cup win
- Credit: Archant
Millwey Rise Reserves went out of the Geary Cup, beaten 4-1 after extra-time by Elmore Reserves, writes Dick Sturch.
Despite the final score, Millwey Rise put on a superb show against a team who ply their trade two divisions higher in the Fresha League.
They took a deserved lead in the game though this was eventually levelled by Elmore to take the game into extra-time. A combination of substitutes and extra fitness was the main contribution to the visitors running out winners.
Ash Doble netted the Millwey Rise goal.
Youngsters Jack Bennet and Henry Alexander made valuable contributions to the home sides’ performance. A continuation of this form should see Millwey lifting themselves from the foot of the table where they currently preside.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday (October 10), the Reserve’s are again at Cloakham Lawns when they meet Amory Green Rovers (3pm).
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott