Millwey Rise Reserves serve up ‘result of the day’
- Credit: Archant
Millwey Rise Reserves recorded arguably the ‘result of the day’ in the Macron League – certainly in the bottom division – when they defeated table-topping Cheriton Fitzpaine Reserves 3-1 at Cloakham Lawns, writes Dick Sturch.
Rise took the lead in the 10th minute from a penalty slotted home by James Morgan. Stuart King made it two when he netted midway through the half.
A minute before the break Cheriton came back into the game with a goal.
Twenty minutes into the second period Chris Lusby made it three for the home side. Cheriton then fluffed an opportunity to close the gap when they failed to score from a penalty.
This was Millwey’s best performance of the season to date and augers well for the coming games. Leon Best had a great first half, but the Man of the Match award winner was Stuart King, who was outstanding in his forward role.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday (November 4), Millwey Rise Reserves travel to Tiverton to face Amory Green Rovers. Now the clocks have gone back, the Saturday kick-offs have changed at the start time in Tiverton is 2.15pm.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone