Millwey Rise teams unbeaten on pre-season visit to Netherbury
- Credit: Archant
Both Millwey teams visited Netherbury from the Perry Street League for pre-season friendlies.
The senior side drew 2-2. In the first half, Rise were the dominant force and deservedly led 2-0 at the break.
Nathan Womersley scored a real screamer from way out which flew into the top corner of the net.
This was followed by a Tyler Allen goal via the penalty spot. In the second period `Rise` lost some of their earlier momentum and allowed the home side to come back and level the game.
Considering this was not a full strength first team the result was very encouraging. Even more so when the news that Bret Garner, has signed on together with Alex Rocket re-signing for the coming season.
You may also want to watch:
Millwey Rise second team, whose game followed the earlier one, had a convincing 6-3 win with goals from Mark Pike (2), Jack Bennet (2), Chris Pritchard and Stuart King.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions