MIlwey Rise Under-9s win well thanks to England double
- Credit: Archant
Milwey Rise 3, Pink Panthers 1 Milwey Rise Under-9s were only able to field a bare seven for their latest outing, but that was still sufficient number to see them win.
In a bright start there was plenty of endeavour and good passing from the home side, but they could not find a finish to match the approach.
The deadlock was broken when Jacob England produced some fine skill in turning past his marker before rifling the ball home.
The Panthers responded well and only a superb Dylan Larcombe save denied them, though the Milwey Rise glovesman was beaten on the stroke of half-time.
After the break the impressive Nathanial Giles-Jones fired the hosts back into the lead and young England netted his second to seal victory.
You may also want to watch:
Owen Enticot was once again solid at the back where his heading was esceptional and skipper for the day Arron Conway led by example throughout.
The next action for the youngsters is this Saturday’s meeting with Honiton Town (10.30).
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert