Mixed fortunes for local sides in early Devon and Exeter League top flight games
- Credit: Archant
There have been mixed fortunes for the East Devon clubs in their early matches in the Devon and Exeter League Premier Division.
Upottery, Seaton Town, Beer Albion and Feniton have all suffered defeats, but each has also won a game while new boys Colyton who this time last year were plying their trade in Division One, have enjoyed an unbeaten start to their time in the top flight.
Colyton followed up an opening game 7-1 win over visiting Heavitree United with a midweek 4-1 home win over Beer Albion and then, last Saturday, they got a point from a 1-1 draw at Cronies.
Seaton won an opening game at home to Beer Albion, beating the Fishermen 4-1, but then lost a midweek home game against Lyme Regis 3-2 and went down 7-2 at home to Witheridge last Saturday.
Feniton followed up an opening game 2-1 loss at Topsham Town with a 2-1 win at Witheridge and Upottery, who lost their first game, beaten 4-1 at Seaton Town, have since won 3-2 at Topsham Town before being edged out 3-2 on their visit to Exwick Villa last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Beer Albion have lost both their first two league games, going down 3-2 at Lyme Regis and 4-1 at Colyton.
Upottery, who were in action last night at Feniton, travel to Newtown on Saturday while Feniton are back in league action next Tuesday (September 4) when they entertain Clyst Valley.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Colyton, who were at Lyme Regis last night, host Exmouth Town Reserves on Saturday and Seaton Town, who had no midweek game, are at Lyme Regis on Saturday in a swift return meeting of the sides.