Mixed fortunes for local sides on first full Saturday of new season.
There were mixed fortunes for local sides on the first full Saturday of a new Fresha Devon and Exeter League season.
Seaton Town were 3-1 winners over Topsham Town with Dan Norman netting a brace.
There was a welcome return to action after a lengthy injury lay-off for Beer Albion’s Jamie Trewick who was one of four different scorers as the Fishermen beat Thorverton 4-2.
No such joy for Colyton who were thumped 6-1 by a powerful Witheridge Reserve side.
Axmouth United were quickly into gear in their new surroundings of Division Four, cruising to a 7-1 win at home to Newtown Thirds.
You may also want to watch:
The East Devon derby at Upottery where Offwell Rangers were due to visit fell foul of the summer rain and the same soggy fate befell the opening game for Dunkeswell Rovers who had planned to entertain North Tawton.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon