Moralee back on the snow for Team GB
- Credit: Archant
After a successful first competitive season snowboarding with the British Snowboard Cross team, Hemyock-based Paul Moralee, he has been reselected for the squad this year as he continues working towards the World Cup Series and maybe one day the Winter Olympics.
He joined the team after being selected during a trial in Austria back in 2015. Since being part of Team GB he has gone on to win the British Indoor Snowboard Cross Championship, competed across the globe and competed against some of the best in the business in the European Cup.
Paul first got into snowboarding whilst on a family skiing holiday in the French Alps at the age of 12. Previously he was a skier but after a snowboard lesson one morning he never went back. Since then Paul has been lucky enough to snowboard all across Europe, America and Canada.
The event Snowboard Cross, also know as SBX and Boardercross is a snowboard competition in which four to six riders race down a course. Boardercross courses are typically quite narrow and include cambered turns, big jumps, berms, rollers, drops, steep and flat sections all designed to challenge the riders’ ability to stay in control while maintaining maximum speed. It is not uncommon for racers to collide with each other mid-race.
This winter season Moralee is based in Austria with the British team, training hard on and off the snow. He has a busy schedule balancing snowboarding, fitness and racing across the world. The race calendar will see him competing across Europe in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Spain and Czech Republic. Paul’s first big race will be on January 14 in Dolni Morava Czech Republic, where he hopes to start with a solid result to help towards his goal of competing on the World Cup Circuit.
You may also want to watch:
For more of an incite into Paul’s season check out his Instagram profile: @PaulMoraleeUK
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring