More seventh heaven for Upottery
Upottery struck another seven goals as their superb start to the season continued with a 7-1 home win over Dawlish United.
It was a powerful first-half show that saw the villagers to a third win in four Fresha league Division Two outings this term.
Steve Morris (2), Mark Tucker (2), Max McKeown, Stuart Coombe and Sam Winslade shared the Upottery goals.
It was not all good news though with summer signing Sam farmer picking up an injury and he was replaced by Adam Retter.
Boss Dan Prettejohn said: “It was another solid performance. We were missing three regulars and so for me the pleasing thing is that we clearly have strength in depth in the squad now.”
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Upottery turn their attention to the Bill Slee Cup with a home game against Cullompton Rangers Reserves. Prettejohn sys: “It’s a cup I believe we can win and I’ll be sending the players out to do a number on Cully.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony