Morgan delighted with Euro gold
Honiton based Powerlifter Chris Morgan has won his first European Championship Gold medal, plus his first ‘International’ Best Lifter Award at this year’s European Deadlift Championships.
He was lifting in the competition held in Volka, Estonia, and made lifts of 215 kilos, 240 kilos and then a lifetime best of 265 kilos at a bodyweight of 81.4 kilos to take the overall pound-for- pound title.
Speaking about the competition, Chris said: “I’m absolutely delighted to have won my first European Gold Medal and, more importantly, my first International Best Lifter title.
“I can’t quite believe that, after winning six British titles and four world titles during my career, that this is my first European Championship win
“After nearly a year of injury and illness, I was beginning to worry that I may never have the opportunity to finish my collection of World and European medals.
You may also want to watch:
“This now means I have gold, silver and bronze medals from both World and European Championships’
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis