Morris and Retter star as Upottery draw with Cherries
- Credit: Archant
Upottery Reserves shared four goals in an entertaining Macron League Division Six game with hosts Cheriton Fitzpaine.
Upottery, playing uphill and against the wind, found themselves 2-0 down inside the first 20 minutes.
However, they did not let their heads drop and they gained a foothold in the contest after half an hour.
Jay Williams was upended in the area and the referee duly awarded a penalty which, which after quite a bit of gamesmanship from the Cheriton players, Brad Morris slammed home to leave the score 2-1 to the hosts at the break.
After the restart, Upottery were full of optimism knowing the elements and the slope were with them, and, 10 minutes in a Brad Morris free-kick was turned home by Owen McCreadie-Taylor to level things up at 2-2.
You may also want to watch:
Upottery continued to press and had several opportunities, but just couldn’t find the finish.
All in all after being 2-0 down early on, a point was probably a good result, but Upottery travelled back to East Devon reflecting on the fact that they had missed a glorious chance to bag an away win.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
The Upottery Man of the Match award was shared between influential Adam Retter and Brad Morris, the latter who had a big hand in both Upottery goals.