Munt brace as Upottery Reserves make county cup progress
- Credit: Archant
Upottery Reserves made Devon Intermediate Cup progress with a 4-2 Glebe Park success over Cheriton Fitzpaine.
In windy conditions, Upottery took the lead 15 minutes in when a speculative shot from Ashley Munt, from fully 40 yards out, arrowed its way into the top corner of the net.
The lead was short lived for, just five minutes later, parity was restored by the Cherries. However, Upottery were quick to get back in front with Philip Derryman, back from his sabbatical, scoring the goal.
Some good link up play from Gavin Richards, and Brad Morris led to Morris firing Upottery into a 3-1 half-time lead.
Midway through the second half Ashley Munt got his second to make it 4-1, but a plucky Cheriton side never gave in and they pulled one back to make it 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
That set the visitors up to throw everything they had at the home side. However, Upottery goalkeeper Jake Welch, was in fine form, making a number of smart saves as Upottery closed the game out well.
The referee awarded the Man of the Match to two goal Ashley Munt while the star man as far as the home faithful were concerned was Upottery glovesman Jake Welch.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
On Saturday (October 20) Upottery are at home to Culm United (3pm).