National time for Taswell at the South West Regional Swimming Championships
- Credit: Archant
Over two consecutive weekends at Millfield Pool, Street, and Hengrove Park, Bristol, swimmers from Chard and District excelled, gaining the club an outstanding set of 11 personal bests from 7 swimmers writes Mollie Simpson.
Henry Taswell, aged 14, earned the club’s first national time in years for 50m back, with a time of 31.41, placing 14th and ensuring an invitation to the ASA National Championships in August.
Competing in nine other events ranging from 50m fly to 1500m free, Henry also gained five personal bests and six top 20 Places.
First time regional competitors Simon Davis, Leo Kindred, Millie Downes and Brianna Barrand gained five personal bests between them, having competed in eight events. Xanthe Dyer secured personal bests in 50m, 100m, and 200m breaststroke, as did Joss Copeman in a variety of events, from short to long distance alike.
Coach June Turner said: “I am extremely pleased with the progress made by these swimmers and look forward to more swimmers achieving regional standard next year”.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the club visit www.chardswimming.org.uk
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax