New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- Credit: Andrew Symonds
Honiton Town have announced a new management team is going to be taking the helm at Mountbatten Park this season.
Leroy Venn and Daniel Tavender have been appointed as joint first team managers following a successful interview process with chairman Roger Doble and vice chair Andrew Symonds.
Leroy said: “When the opportunity arose, Tav and I spoke about it at length before deciding to put ourselves forward for the role.
“We know the challenge we are facing in an extremely competitive league, with teams having significant resources at their disposal, but were certainly up for the challenge and are confident in the quality of the squad we are currently assembling.
“It’s an exciting time to be involved at Honiton FC and we’re looking forward to a good season ahead.”
A Honiton Town spokesman added: “We had no shortage of interest, but we wanted to make sure the appointment was correct for the club, as well as the first-team. We are excited with the appointments of Leroy and Dan, both are experienced local footballers, who have been working hard behind the scenes as we launch into pre-season.
“We’d also like to place on record a thank you to Ben Ede and Andy Issac, and everyone else that assisted us last year to bring stability to the club.
- 1 Judi Spiers re-dedicates Pecorama train Jimmy
- 2 The day a fallen scarecrow was mistaken for a dead body
- 3 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 4 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 5 Review: Confusions, by Colyton Theatre Group
- 6 Honiton councillor finalist for young civic awards
- 7 Mole screening day in Honiton hailed 'great success'
- 8 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
- 9 Exmouth nurse doing charity wing-walk this Sunday
- 10 Three people injured in paragliding accident at Lyme
“We’re pleased that both Ben and Andy will remain at the club and work with the management team to drive the club forward.
“There is a lot of work to do as we prepare our ground to have floodlights installed in September, ready to host our first midweek games under lights! We have also purchased a seated grandstand to complement our covered standing area to give our loyal fans the best experience.
“We look forward to welcoming a big crowd for our first home game on Saturday, September 10. Pre-Season training is Tuesday nights at Mountbatten Park, 6.30pm start. All players welcome, including new players who want to test themselves at Step 6 football.
“Sponsors are crucial in helping us to maintain the football club, so we welcome any businesses to get in touch to discuss this season’s sponsorship opportunities.”
Contact details: email@example.com