Newbery enjoys first ever trophy triumph at Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies section contested the 36-hole Jubilee Cup and the High 6 Trophy, writes Liz Rogers.
Heather Clarke won the Jubilee Cup with a total of 69 points (33+36).
The runner-up was Sue Ritchie with a total of 63 points (34+29).
The winner of the High 6 Trophy was Judith Newbery with 33 points and the runner-up was Jan Portlock with 25 points.
This was Judith’s first ever individual trophy win!
You may also want to watch:
Running alongside the ladies cup meetings was a stableford competition.
In the Silver Division, Sue Ritchie was the winner with 34 points with Heather Clarke (33), second and Elizabeth Ward took third place with 31 points.
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 5 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 When a waffle is good for your health
- 9 East Devon Property of the Week
- 10 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
In Bronze One Division, Catherine Doherty played an excellent round to score 38 points.
Hilda Hoepelman was second with 27 points and Linda Northover took third place with 26 points.
In Bronze Two Division, Linda McLaughlin came in first with 35 points.
In the 9-hole stableford competition, Maris Dart was first with 12 points on countback.