Newson leads Honiton runners home at the Forest Flyer meeting
- Credit: Archant
Six Honiton Running Club members made the short trip to Exeter last Friday evening to take part in the Dawlish Coasters Forest Flyer event held in Haldon Forest, writes Judy Davey.
This is a 5-mile trail race with the first four miles being through forest trails before a brutal last hill that leads to the finish.
First home for Honiton was Mark Newson, who was 48th overall in a time of 37.03s.
Roger Saunders was next in 76th position in 40.39. Three Honiton runners then battled it out together with Jay Sweetman finishing in 90th position in 42.14.
He was followed by Sascha Kranen, 91st in 42.15 and Olivia Higginson, 92nd in 42.18. Lorna Jarrald completed the line-up for Honiton, finishing 136th in 49.13.
You may also want to watch:
There were 168 runners that took part and the race was won by Jake Smith of Axe Valley Runners in a time of 25.15.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone